Dear YB of Bugaya, Datuk Ramlee Marhaban,
1. We are not members of the opposition or affiliated with any political parties nor persons, we are just Rakyat with good common sense. We don't blindly follow.
2. Coal-fired power plants is proven SCIENTIFICALLY as being extremely dirty energy source, this is a fact! It produces a large number of pollutants such as sulphur (SOX) and nitrogen oxides (NOX) and a even higher amount of crabon dioxide (CO2). This not only effects air quality of your constituency but also increases global warming and leads to dramatic weather patterns, remember what happened to Philippines recently?
3. What do you think your Rakyat will say to you and the Govt when they are affected by all this 5 -10 years down the road?
4. According to the UN and other reputable sources, developed countries are moving AWAY from coal fired plants because of all these problems and you want Sabah to go for it? Think long term YB.
5. Peninsula Malaysia and Sarawak may have coal that does not mean it is clean and safe, it just shows that the Govt did not listen to them (look at how many States the opposition has there?) and Sarawak we all know is a different political story.
In conclusion YB, get your facts right and think for the LONG term!
Sekian terima kasih.